To realize the potential of every student
Countless students of extraordinary talent and passion lack the resources to bring the best versions of themselves to the classroom. By choosing to embrace and address broader opportunities and experiences, we can make more WCU students whole.
Your gift allows us to invest in their academic, civic, and professional success, making WCU a more inclusive launchpad for lifelong achievement.
“Understanding that learning happens both inside and outside the classroom, and that [co-curricular] learning completes the educational mission of our institution, we are committed to preparing our students to learn, lead, and serve.”
Propelling tomorrow’s leaders
Extend the reach of your gift with co-curricular programs that prepare WCU students for life beyond the classroom. With initiatives for fostering and supporting our students, this campaign will build sustainable skills that make a life-long impact.
- Mentoring first generation college students for academic success
- International and domestic travel experiences to enrich cultural understanding
- Hands-on research opportunities with top faculty
- Assuring a greater understanding of identities, inequities, multiculturalism, inclusion, and social justice
- Student-athlete programming that fosters exemplary leadership skills
- Rigorous service projects to support the local and global community
- Career readiness services that ensure job success after graduation
Building students’ well-being
Focusing on all aspects of student life, WCU has invested in creating programs geared towards supporting students with these initiatives:
- Mental health programs that help students cultivate well-being and a positive self-image
- Nutrition services like the WCU Resource Pantry, promoting fresh food access for students with food insecurities
- Providing resources for students who find themselves homeless
- Support programs for students with autism-spectrum disorders
“Co-curricular programming is essential to giving West Chester University students the tools they need to succeed in the classroom, and in life. As a former student-athlete, I recognize how learning to be a leader served me so well in my career. We all have the power to influence the next generation of alumni. Regardless of your graduation year, WCU is a family – and family takes care of family.”
Read Full Bio
Eric has amassed more than three decades of industry experience in risk management and insurance on both the broker (sales, marketing and e-commerce) and carrier sides (accounting, finance, budgeting, underwriting, reinsurance, and captives). A former student-athlete, he and his wife Jo Anne included the University in their estate plans; the resulting endowment – the Bossard Family Football Scholarship Endowment – will support the athletic program for generations. Eric holds a bachelor’s degree in accounting and finance from West Chester University and currently sits on the West Chester University Foundation Board of Trustees.
Momentum towards our vision
Goal : $65 Million
You can make students feel supported
Your gift to 150Forward will connect more Rams to mentorship, counseling, and leadership opportunities that prime them for success.